Friday, September 5, 2014

Personal ~ A bus crash in paradise

First off I want to say - Thank god I am alive.
As you, my followers, know, I was on my way to Corfu this Sunday for my well deserved vacation this summer, but as you could probably figure out from the title of this post, that did not go as planned.
On our way to Corfu our bus driver fell asleep (not exactly sure what happened yet, some claim he was changing the radio station as if that's ok) and we experienced a terrible, terrible bus accident in a tunnel in Greece. I don't even know if I should write about the details here, since this is my happy place and I also don't want to burden you with this kind of stories and make you sad. So if you don't want to read this kind of stuff this is the moment to click x on the browser tab.

I'll try to be as short as I can and not go into all the details.
It was 9 in the morning and me and my bf were asleep in our seats, when suddenly a loud bang woke me up.  In the next second another bang- the most frightening sound I've ever heard in my life - happened, and suddenly the bus windows across us shattered to pieces, making a huge glass cloud in the bus. I turned around screaming, grabbed my bf as tight as I could and I honestly was waiting for the last and final blow, since I though we were heading in an abyss. In that moment I thought I was going to die, and the only thing going through my mind was - oh my god, this is it.

The bus was sliding for a few seconds and then it stopped. We then stood up, with our faces covered in blood from all the broken glass, and started checking each other for injuries. Long story short, after a fast and effective reaction by the Greek medical teams(HUGE thanks to them), there were some glasses taken out  from our eyes and ears and our faces were covered with little cuts. Some people weren't as lucky as me and my BF, and suffered far worse injuries....all our prayers go out to them.

What surprised us the most was that our travel agency allowed, and even encouraged people to continue with their vacation (the front part of the bus suffered less damage), even though clearly everyone was shocked and unable to asses the situation, since we are not doctors. In other words, they showed us that they were clearly more concerned about avoiding lawsuits and diffusing the seriousness of the situation (they even tried telling jokes right after the accident while half of the bus literally couldn't see because of the glass shards in our eyes.....which is outrageous...).

That is all I am about to say at this point, as writing about this is very stressful for me. With that being said, I don't want you guys to worry about me, I will be fine. Again all our prayers go out to the people that weren't as lucky as us.

I will be back soon, maybe in a week or so (need to heal up a bit), and In the mean time I will be posting some inspirational posts, DIY's, shopping list posts, and some outfit pictures I haven't posed before, as I don't want to leave you hanging here with nothing new to read.

Love you dolls and thank you for being here for me!


2 comments: